We’ve reviewed a number of online systems that offer great support in creating a patient database, allowing you to input treatment notes, upload reports and other documents, access a calendar for appointment bookings, and send out invoices, along with automatic SMS appointment reminder messages.
There is a wealth of bespoke online practice management systems with excellent telephone and email support. Take a look at the different reviews below, each showing their monthly cost per user. It is important that you look carefully at their websites to view their features and costs for user licences. Most offer a 30 day trial.
We would be happy to help you choose the best option for your independent practice.
Standard package from £50 per month per user
- Booking appointments;
- Clinical notes;
Easy navigation with a good layout. Securely locks clinical notes at time of input with the ability to upload documents, photos, PDFs, emails and videos. Reporting facilities to track your new enquiries and any marketing activities.
£14.95 plus vat per month per user
- Create, manage and search your client records in one secure location, safe in the knowledge that your data is being backed up every hour;
- Each patient record is organised using a simple tabbed interface;
- Easily group clients using tags;
- Create your own custom fields;
- View an “infinite” timeline of activities that you have undertaken with the client;
- Manage individual SMS & email communication consents.
- Use their templates for creating initial assessments.
A cost effective, easy to use layout, simple to set up a new patient records, upload documents, photos and PDFs. Great for recording clinical notes which securely lock at time of input. Ideal for invoicing and appointment booking.
Starting at £25 per month
- Patient demographics;
- Patient & contact details;
- Contact databases;
- MyBackUp utility;
- Diary appointment scheduling;
- Report generator;
- Text/Email appointment reminders;
- Security module;
- Free marketing emails;
- Free support.
Additional modules at £3 each per month.
Extra non-clinical logins for office staff at £1.00 extra per month per user.
Practice Pal has a clear and simple appointment diary enabling all therapy team members to be added, showing their bookings in team colour coordination. A more detailed patient page for inputting clinical notes and uploading documents. Has a great option to embed a simple link into your existing website to allow patients to book, cancel and pay for treatment sessions directly online.
£22.50 per month per user
- Flexible calendar;
- Appointments and reminders;
- Waiting lists;
- Treatment notes;
- Multiple Templates;
- Free telephone and email support;
- Trusted in over 55 countries.
Clinko has all the typical functionality with a little added extra: the option to send automated SMS messages to patients’ mobiles as appointment reminders. It has a waiting list to put patients onto plus a multiple location facility for if you have numerous clinic locations or team members in different areas. Has a great option to embed a simple link into your existing website to allow patients to book directly from your website or an app to install on your Facebook page.
Private Practice Management
£99 plus VAT per month
- Diary scheduler;
- Patient notes;
- Remote access;
- Instantly access an up-to-date complete medical history for every patient;
- Simply scan or import documents, results, x-rays and MRI/CT/ultrasound scans;
- Add photographs to files;
- Customised scoring and assessment reports;
- Automatically send SMS text messages reminding patients of their appointment;
- Seamless integration with Microsoft Word;
- Create customised letter templates quickly and easily;
- Send bulk or individual texts, as generic messages or specific subject-based – defined by consultation, intervention or procedure, for instance;
- Email patients directly from the patient’s screen.
PPM has all the typical functions with a great invoice, credit control and analysis of reports section. It has a detailed patient information page to input medical history, next of kin, and patient notes. You can email patients directly from the system and send them automated SMS messages reminding them of their appointment.
£15 per month for 1-10 users
- Client / Patient Overview;
- Send and receive emails;
- Contacts database;
- Case Notes;
- Document Management;
- Shared Calendar;
- Flexible access management;
- Manage client funds;
- Invoicing and Billing;
- Secure in The Cloud;
- Support workers;
- Integration with accounting packages.
Qunote has been designed to support the needs of Case Managers working both in the office and in their clients’ homes. It has a database for other important contacts who are relevant to a patient, including Solicitors, Deputies, GPs, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and friends and family of the client. You can send and receive emails within the system. The great benefit is that you can restrict a user’s access in almost any way you wish, to certain areas of the system, or to specific clients or groups of clients.
£35.50 per month for one user
- Comprehensive Client Database;
- Securely record client information including personal details, appointments, contacts, referrals, service history, invoices, payments, session notes, documents and more. Custom tags can also classify clients into groups enabling targeted communication;
- eNotes, history and File Uploads;
- Enter session notes for each client directly into Power Diary. You can also upload and save documents, correspondence or images to the client file which can then be viewed wherever you access Power Diary;
- Track Session Numbers;
- Access client service history with just one click. See at a glance how many sessions a client has received and importantly if they have reached Health Insurance, EAP or other service thresholds.
Power Diary is an American online booking system with all the typical functionality. It has the great option of integrating with Xero for your accounts and invoicing. You can generate letters from templates and send automatic SMS messages reminding patients of their appointments.
TM3 Practice Management
£74.00 per month plus VAT per user
- Patient Records;
- Diary Management;
- Clinical Notes (requires desktop interface);
- One hour free phone training (additional training options are also available);
- Support (Phone, email and online);
- Secure Data Hosting;
- All non-clinical staff not requiring a diary can use TM3 for FREE!
TM3 has a nice clear dashboard with drag drop functions and colour options. Their online system integrates with exercise prescription software such as PhysioTec and PhysioTools. With their clinical notes, you can upload images of your patient’s progress with live image capture allowing you to give a better consultation. It has an online booking system allowing you to receive bookings 24/7.
If you are looking to invest in new practice management software and don’t have time to trial lots of different options, give us a call. We can suggest the best option for your independent practice, based on what you need.
Give Tracey a call on 0844 884 9217
or email email@example.com
We specialise in supporting Independent Private Therapists and Healthcare Professionals.