Here are 7 suggestions to consider in making sure your security is top notch.
- Download and install software updates as soon as they become available, they usually contain security patches.
- Keep all anti-virus software up to date.
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly. Don’t use the same password for lots of different platforms and websites that require login information.
- Delete all suspicious emails. If you are suddenly getting bombarded with suspicious emails, inform your email hosting provider.
- Keep your staff well trained in the basics of security, especially your remote workers.
- Look at cyber security insurance to reduce the risks against data and software damage, business interruptions and reputational harm.
- Have a good understanding of the data protection law, especially the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliancy.