How the New Patient Enquiry Process Works
An example of how using a Virtual PA can help you in managing the new patient enquiry process.
For a private practice e.g. a children’s physiotherapy service, with a team of associate therapists providing treatment to patients covering different areas of the country – this is a brief example of how a new patient enquiry is dealt with via a case management company.
- New patient enquiry comes in from Case Manager
- Check availability and which associate therapist is based nearest to treat new patient
- Provide CV of associate therapist and treatment costs to Case Manager
- Send Terms of Business to Case Manager for signing
- Case Manager will likely request costings for initial assessment and ongoing treatment costs – wait on confirmation once sent
- Request sent to Case Manager for any reports – plus name of solicitor/receiver for sending invoices to
- Send suggested dates for initial assessment to Case Manager
- Date booked with therapist for initial assessment
- Once initial assessment carried out – therapist creates report
- Report sent to admin for formatting, once approved report sent onto Case Manager
- Send Case Manager costings of further treatment/intervention
- Invoice solicitor/receiver for initial assessment visit
- Further treatment sessions booked
Most independent therapists work with self funding clients, those that attend the clinic or receive a home/school visit from the treating therapist, e.g. children’s physiotherapist to carry out a session in school or a speech and language therapist to carry out their therapy session with the care team at home.
This demonstrates our understanding of managing the new patient enquiry process and the Virtual PA support we are able to provide to a growing therapy business.